Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®)
Agile Project Management has been the buzz word around the world. The demand for Agile certified Project managers and customers stressing cost effective projects using Agile methodologies are multiplying day by day. A faster, cost effective, adaptive, be flexible, respond quickly to changes and focus on continuous development and integration are key terminologies to ensure deliver the requirements. It’s important that projects are managed by people with demonstrable knowledge of Agile practices and tools and techniques. As they say “Agile is Fragile” and has to be managed from people who understand the concepts and methodologies properly. In this direction, there has been growing demand for people who are knowledgeable in Agile Project management practices and the PMI’s ACP certification is a key to demonstrate a person of demonstrable knowledge on Agile practices.
Our unique interactive training sessions from deeply experienced Agile practitioner provide the participants clear deep dive understanding of the concepts. The focus would be on Agile practices at different levels, viz Product owner/Product Manager, Scrum Master, Agile Project Manager, SME, Team members. Our courses are designed for participants to feel individual Agile team member roles as we progress with the training and we make use of practical class room sessions to deliver the concepts effectively.
The PMI-ACP in general has 6 Domains which are further grouped as “Tasks”. Our ACP certification training would be structured on the basis of Domain and Tasks covering all related topics and concepts.
The participants would be exposed to mock examination of 3 hours after the training is completed.
This is a 3 day course normally conducted over the weekend and one working day.
The participants would be entitled to 21 contact hours after course completion for enabling them to apply for ACP certification
PMI-ACP Eligibility Requirements
- Secondary degree( high school diploma or associate’s degree or equivalent)
- 2000 hours of General project management experience The hours must have been earned in last five years.
- 1500 hours of Agile Project Management experience. The hours must be earned within last 2 years. This is in addition to the 2000 general project management hours mentioned above.
- 21 contact hours of agile project management topics training.
Those holding current PMPs or PgMP credentials automatically qualify as they have exceeded this requirement which were verified by PMI already as having fulfilled general project management experience
The following concepts on Agile project management would be covered during the course of the ACP training. The PMI-ACP certification would have two broad sections, viz “Agile – Tools and Techniuqes” and ” Agile – Knowledge and Skills”.
Please note that PMI’s “Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct” would be part of the PMI-ACP” course content and applicable for the examination.
The following list not exhaustive though, please refer to “PMI-ACP Examination Content Outline” for complete details.
I. Value Driven Delivery
II. Stakeholder Engagement
III. Boosting Team performance practices
IV. Adaptive Planning
V. Problem Detection and Resolution
VI. Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
The focus of our training would be centered around the following Agile principles.
- Customer satisfaction by rapid delivery of useful software
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development
- Working software is delivered frequently (weeks rather than months)
- Working software is the principal measure of progress
- Sustainable development, able to maintain a constant pace
- Close, daily co-operation between business people and developers
- Face-to-face conversation is the best form of communication (co-location)
- Projects are built around motivated individuals, who should be trusted
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design
- Self-organizing teams
- Regular adaptation to changing circumstances
Here are some of the PMI recommended references of publications. Participants may need to refer to these books for a thorough preparation before taking the exam.
– Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams to Great
By Esther Derby, Diana Larsen, Ken Schwaber
– The software Manager’s Bridge to Agility
By Michele Sliger, Stacia Broderick
– Agile Project Management: Creating Innovative Products – 2nd Edition
By Jim Highsmith
– Agile Estimation and Planning
By Mike Cohn
– Agile Project Management with Scrum
By Ken Schwaber
Please refer to current and updated “suggested materials from PMI“
Quiz session for encouraging learning.
A Mock 120 question test of 3 hours and individual results analysis
Course Fee: INR 18000/- Tax Inclusive