CBAP® is the business analysis certification provided by IIBA. A CBAP® recipient is an elite member of the business analysis community, and a recognized expert in identifying the business needs of an organization in order to determine business solutions. CBAP® certification is targeted to senior business analysts only. CBAP® recipients are senior BAs who have the skill and expertise to perform business analysis work on projects of various sizes and complexities. More and more companies are recognizing the CBAP® designation and the value and expertise these professionals bring to their organizations.
Why chose a CBAP Certification?
1. Benefits of being a CBAP to an individual may include:
- Competence in the principles and practices of business analysis.
- Participation in a recognized professional group.
- Recognition of professional competence by professional peers and management.
- Advanced career potential due to recognition as a professional Business Analysis practitioner.
- Provides individuals with personal satisfaction of accomplishing a milestone in their BA careers.
- Certification can improve overall performance, remove uncertainty and widen market opportunities.
- The process of achieving and maintaining certification helps ensure you are continually improving and refining your activities.
- Potentially higher income for being formally recognized as an experienced BA professional. For more details, view this recent salary survey.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the skills necessary to be an effective senior member of the business analysis community.
2. Benefits for an organization to have CBAPs may include:
- Provides advancement and recognition opportunities for staff.
- Demonstrates to customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you use industry-standard business analysis practices.
- Demonstrates to your stakeholders that your business is run effectively.
- The regular assessment process will improve staff responsibility, commitment and motivation.
- Establishment and implementation of business analysis practices as outlined in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) Guide by individuals recognized as being knowledgeable and skilled.
- More reliable, higher quality results produced with increased efficiency and consistency by BA professionals who use industry standard BA techniques.
- Identifies professional business analysts to clients and business partners.
- Offers professional development and recognition for business analysts.