Agile Estimation & Planning
Effective planning is an important, but often misunderstood, part of any successful Agile project. This one-day training session on Agile planning and estimating provides techniques and approaches for project estimation and planning that are consistent with the core principles of agile methods like Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP).
YOU WILL LEARN:
- About Agile Development and Scrum, in brief
- How to estimate using story points and ideal days, and how to use estimation techniques such as Planning Poker
- How and when to perform long-term release planning and short-term iteration planning using the concept of velocity
- How to monitor performance against the plan
- And, you will apply the Planning Poker estimation technique in a group exercise.
Participants will learn these approaches and techniques via interactive discussions, exercises and quizzes.